Excitingly, this is my first giveaway!
Sainsbury’s have recently released a cookbook chock-a-block full of recipes from some of your favourite chefs including Lorraine Pascale, Raymond Blanc, Nigella Lawson and Rick Stein.
I have a copy to give away to one reader.
To enter the competition all you have to do is:
– tweet @SainsburysPR and @FresherFood with a short reason as to why you’d like to win a copy. If you don’t have Twitter, simply write a reason below.
– like Fresher Food, Fresher Approach on Facebook
– leave a comment below saying you’ve done the above
The giveaway is open to UK residents only and closes at 11pm August 15th.
The recipe below is included in the cookbook to give you a taster.
Lorraine Pascale’s cookies and cream fudge brownies
200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
3 large eggs, 2 large egg yolks
2 drops of vanilla extract
175g light brown sugar
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1x 254g pack of Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper
1. Melt the butter in a pan, remove the from the heat and add the chocolate. Leave for a few minutes until the chocolate softens and stir together
2. Whisk the eggs, egg yolk and vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy
3. Add the sugar in two lots, pouring it in around the edge of the mixture so you don’t knock out the air and whisk until the mixture becomes stiffer.
4. Pour in the chocolate mixture around the edge and mix gently.
5. Add the flour, cocoa powder, a pinch of salt and a third of the Oreos. Stir, then pour into the tin. Press the remaining Oreos into the mixture.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes – it should still be slightly gooey.
7. Leave to cool in the tin, remove and cut into squares.